Industrial Safe Site offers refresher training to ensure your employees are up-to-date on the latest changes and help them stay fresh on the instruction they have previously been given. Refresher training is required to take place every three years and whenever there is a change in equipment being used, such as the use of a different type of vehicle. In addition, if any other change in circumstance takes place or an accident or near-miss occurs, it is also required to have refresher training to ensure powered industrial truck operators are up-to-date on the latest rules and regulations.
OSHA 1910.178(l)(4)(ii)(A) through OSHA 1910.178(l)(4)(iii) states:
- The operator has been observed to operate the vehicle in an unsafe manner;
- The operator has been involved in an accident or a near-miss incident;
- The operator has received an evaluation that reveals that the operator is not operating the truck safely;
- The operator is assigned to drive a different type of truck; or
- A condition in the workplace changes in a manner that could affect safe operation of the truck.
- An evaluation of each powered industrial truck operator’s performance shall be conducted at least once every three years.
If Refresher Training is needed for your company, contact Industrial Safe Site today to get a quote.